© Lumohs 2023
lu • mohs
- fantasy, n. A spell used by wizards to illuminate their magic wands.
- tech, n. A voice command to turn a smartphone into a flashlight.
- surgical, n. A scalpel-based illuminating device.
Just millimeters from the surgical site-precisely where overhead lighting can’t reach.
- Shadowless illumination-under & at all angles to skin-in front of blade.
- Enhanced visualization of nerves & vessels in anatomic danger zones.
- Unobstructed illumination for biopsies, excisions, Mohs, dermaplaning & more.
Designed by surgeons for surgeons.
- Blade Agnostic: Any size, Any Brand, Any Procedure.
- Synchronous twisting, cutting & illuminating improves beveled epidermal margins.
- Enhanced visualization for dermaplaning, or undermining & excising in anatomic danger zones.
“Lumohs’ scalpel based illumination improves efficiency and reduces eye strain”
For Every Surgeon
Blade Agnostic: Any Size, Any Brand, Any Procedure…Anywhere.
- Ideal for illuminating the bedside at hospitals, nursing homes & clinics.
- Portability for dermaplaning, biopsies, debridements, excisions, I&D, facials & Mohs.
- Better visualization when undermining & advancing flaps in danger zones.
“Enhances overhead lighting & works in tandem with loupes”
For These Specialties:
- Mohs Scalpel
- General Surgeons & Surgical Oncologists
- Plastic Surgeons
- Hospitals, Nursing Homes & Urgent care clinics
- Military Hospitals & Field Medics
- Developing Nations
- Pathologists, Histotechs & Labs
- Dermaplaning & estheticians
- Wound Care & Podiatry
- Oral Surgeons & Periodontists
Reduce risks of incomplete epidermal margins during Mohs & routine surgeries.
- Ergonomics optimize precision, efficiency & cosmesis.
- Facilitates synchronous twisting, cutting & illuminating.
- Reduce unnecessary Mohs stages with easier bevelling.
“Every Artist has more than one paint brush, every mechanic more than one tool, but if a surgeon had only one scalpel, Lumohs would be it”
COMMON RESULT #3 HANDLE MOHS EXCISION- Note torn incomplete irregular epidermal margins
IMPROVED RESULT LUMOHS HANDLE MOHS EXCISION- Note complete epidermal smooth rounded margins
Autoclavable, universal lightweight plastic & stainless steel scalpel
- Powered by a replaceable battery cartridge costing pennies per surgery.
- Portable & universally compatible with #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c blades.
- For cost conscious practices, an alternative to costly overhead lighting.
Introductory Pre-order Pricing
*PRE-ORDER LUMOHS TODAY – $185*
*Expected delivery – mid to late 2nd qtr 2023. May cancel order any time before Lumohs shipped and receive full refund. Pre-order today & reserve your Lumohs now.*
Ideal for general & surgical dermatologists and budget conscious practices that want alternatives to expensive overhead lighting or enhance existing lighting conditions.
- All dermatologists. Improves visibility for shave biopsies, excisions, I & D’s, foreign body removals & debridements.
- Consulting dermatologists. Take Lumohs to dimly lit bedsides for inpatient and nursing home consultations -illuminating skin for biopsies & minor procedures.
- Surgical dermatologists. Improve illumination when performing excisions in difficult anatomic areas and subcutaneous danger zones.
Lumohs is the original Mohs Scalpel and ideal for Mohs micrographic surgery in visually challenging anatomic areas of face, body and subcutaneous danger zones.
- Bevelled epidermal edges-Handle design facilitates twisting, cutting and illuminating concurrently- increasing the probability of 100% margin assessment and improving aesthetic closures.
- Millimeters from tumor -Scalpel based light source directly on surgical site and in subcutaneous tissue improves visualization of tumor margins, nerves & vessels.
- Mohs Lab- Attach a #10 blade for debulking and dividing Mohs tissue into blocks.
General Surgeons & Surgical Oncologists
Ideal for overcoming limitations of existing office overhead lighting as well as bedside procedures in hospital rooms.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination- for deep soft tissue excisions, biopsies, I & D, and debridement.
- Works in tandem with optical loupes & overhead lighting .
- Budget conscious practices have practical alternative to outfitting every exam room with expensive overhead lighting-blades include #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c.
Lumohs overcomes the limitations of overhead illumination for cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Precision artistry for cosmetic surgeons – Enhance visualization when undermining, dissecting, and excising tissue in anatomic danger zones.
- In office cosmetic procedures– Improve accuracy during blepharoplasties, lunchtime lifts, & scalpel based cosmetic procedures-blades #10,#11, #12, #15 and #15c
- Works in tandem with loupes & overhead lighting by providing unobstructed illumination underneath skin and from all angles.
“Every Artist has more than one paint brush, but if a surgeon had only one scalpel, Lumohs would be it”
Scalpel based illumination for dimly lit Vet offices and off site procedures.
- Improve visibility in difficult to illuminate anatomic areas for procedures such as biopsies, elliptical excisions and incisions-blades #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c
- Outside of office. Take Lumohs to dimly lit conditions for rural and home based animal care -illuminating skin for biopsies & minor procedures.
- Budget conscious vet practices now have an alternative to save on outfitting every procedure room in the office with expensive overhead surgical lighting
Hospitals, Nursing Homes & Urgent care clinics
Ideal for bedside procedures in hospital rooms, nursing homes, urgent care clinics, or house calls, or for offices with poor lighting.
- Reduce visibility related errors in dimly lit hospital rooms and nursing homes.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for procedures such as bedside incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement, toe nail infections.
- Bring Lumohs to the hospital, if not stocked there, for bedside consultations or request your hospital to stock Lumohs on their floors.
Military Hospitals & Field Medics
Ideal for MASH units, or in-the-field or in combat surgical procedures at night or in dimly lit bedside facilities.
- Compact & Portable- Illumination will help medics, PA’s and surgeons operate in unpredictable situations and environments.
- Dimly lit environments & night time- Enhanced illumination for procedures incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement.
- Ideal for MASH units or field combat situations- Lumohs scalpel on hand for immediate deployment in any situation.
Ideal for developing nations with healthcare facilities, clinics and hospitals with poor lighting, instrument shortages and budget constraints.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for procedures such as bedside incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement of infections and tumors.
- Portability, affordability and compact nature along with combination of Lumohs illumination will help physicians and surgeons operate in unpredictable spontaneous situations and environments.
- Nations can prepare for budget impediments & time delays in setting up clinics and hospitals by having Lumohs scalpel on hand for immediate deployment in any situation.
Pathologists, Histotechs & Labs
Great for all labs, forensic pathologists, diagnostic pathologists and histotechs using scalpels. Lumohs assists all lab techs working in any type of labs that requires scalpels for precision work.
- Pathologists, labs and technicians -increased precision with scalpel based illumination.
- Cost efficient solution for budget conscious labs & technicians that want to improve precision accuracy for any lab tech that uses a scalpel.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for autopsies, teaching, and for hospital labs and private labs.
Dermaplaning & estheticians
Lumohs provides significant advantages for dermaplaning and estheticians.
- For Dermaplaning– Illumination reduces risks of cutting skin by improving visibility of facial skin lines, and surface irregularities.
- Assists estheticians and doctors when dermaplaning over irregular, facial contours reducing likelihood of nicking, cutting or snagging skin.
- Blade Agnostic- Any #11,#10, #10S, #10R, #15, #15c, #12 blades, for dermaplaning and milia extraction.
Wound Care & Podiatry
Lumohs provides significant advantages for wound care doctors.
- Improves visibility while debriding wounds, granulation tissue and necrotic tissue planes in dimly lit conditions- blades #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c
- Scalpel based illumination- Facilitates debridements & cross hatching eschars with #11, #10 or #15 blades to increase surface contact with collagenase ointments.
- Debride & Explore wounds in dimly lit hospital rooms, nursing homes, or offices, and in the wound care planes necessary to help avoiding damaging vital tissue.