© Lumohs 2023
Is It Possible to Increase Your Surgical Visibility Without Adding Room Lights, Loupes Or Cords?
lu • mohs
- fantasy, n. A spell used by wizards to illuminate their magic wands.
- tech, n. A voice command to turn a smartphone into a flashlight.
- surgical, n. A precision-based illuminating device used to improve surgical accuracy.
PRECISION BASED ILLUMINATION
Just millimeters from the surgical site-precisely where overhead lighting can’t reach.
- Shadowless, unobstructed illumination in perineum, genitalia, ears, scalp & more.
- Enhanced visualization when cutting near nerves & vessels in anatomic danger zones.
- Safer For You, Your Staff & Your Patients.
Safer For You, Your Staff & Your Patients
Reduce risks of adverse events – when cutting in difficult to see areas.
- Reduce surgeon neck & back strain when struggling to illuminate surgical site.
- Reduce risks of adverse events & collateral damage with improved illumination.
- Wide Round Grip- reduces hand strain & fatigue while easing synchronous handle rotation while cutting.
“Lumohs is better for procedures in perineum, genitalia, retro-auricular scalp, ears and more”
FOR EVERY DOCTOR THAT USES A SCALPEL
- Ideal for illuminating the bedside at hospitals, nursing homes & clinics.
- Portability for dermaplaning, biopsies, debridements, excisions, I&D, facials & Mohs.
- Better for any procedures in difficult to see perineum, genitalia, auricular, nasal & oral areas.
“Enhances overhead lighting & works in tandem with loupes”
A Handle For Every Specialist - Any Blade Size, Any Brand, Any Procedure...Anywhere
Precision & Accuracy
Reduce risks of inadvertent surgical mistakes.
- Better Illumination -Optimizes precision, outcomes & safety for you, staff and your patients.
- Wide Round Grip- Enables better beveled surgical margins from synchronous twisting and cutting.
- Reduce adverse events & malpractice risks with better visualization of nearby nerves & vessels.
“Every Artist has more than one paint brush, every mechanic more than one tool, but if a surgeon had only one instrument, Lumohs would be it”
COMMON RESULT #3 HANDLE MOHS EXCISION- Note torn incomplete irregular epidermal margins
IMPROVED RESULT LUMOHS HANDLE MOHS EXCISION- Note complete epidermal smooth rounded margins
Affordable, Reusable & Portable
Elevate your surgical instruments.
- Powered by a replaceable battery cartridge costing pennies per surgery.
- Portable & universally compatible with all Nos. 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23 blades.
- For cost conscious practices, a portable autoclavable alternative to costly surgical lighting.
“Safer For You, Your Staff & Your Patients. “
ILLUMINATED SUTURE REMOVAL: A "HACK" TO LOCATE & REMOVE INGROWN SUTURES
Elevate Your Suture Removal Technique- less traumatic.
Illumination of surgical site with wound overgrowth and ingrown sutures- Lumohs helps you locate buried sutures and reduce pain & trauma to your patient’s skin when using Lumohs as a suture removal tool. Avoid staff leaving sutures behind & “digging” around to find sutures.
- Attach a #11 or #12 blade to Lumohs and suture removal will be much easier and less traumatic for your patients.
- No need to struggle when looking for ingrown sutures from wound overgrowth.
- No need to struggle to remove sutures following facial plastic surgery in difficult areas such as the scalp and retroauricular areas.
- For your surgical assistants, suture removal will be easier, less likely to leave behind ingrown sutures and less traumatic than tradition scissors or suture removal kits.
Safer For You, Your Staff & Your Patients.
Ideal for general & surgical dermatologists and budget conscious practices that want alternatives to expensive overhead lighting or enhance existing lighting conditions.
- All dermatologists. Improves visibility for shave biopsies, excisions, I & D’s, foreign body removals & debridements. Especially vulvar & genitalia biopsies.
- Consulting dermatologists. Take Lumohs to dimly lit bedsides for inpatient and nursing home consultations -illuminating skin for biopsies & minor procedures.
- Surgical dermatologists. Improve illumination when performing excisions in difficult anatomic areas and subcutaneous danger zones.
Lumohs is the original Mohs Scalpel and ideal for Mohs micrographic surgery in visually challenging anatomic areas of face, body and subcutaneous danger zones.
- Bevelled epidermal edges-Handle design facilitates twisting, cutting and illuminating concurrently- increasing the probability of 100% margin assessment and improving aesthetic closures.
- Millimeters from tumor -Precision based light source directly on surgical site and in subcutaneous tissue improves visualization of tumor margins, nerves & vessels.
- Mohs Lab- Attach a #10 blade for debulking and dividing Mohs tissue into blocks.
General Surgeons, Gynecologists & Surgical Oncologists
Ideal for overcoming limitations of existing office overhead lighting as well as bedside procedures in hospital rooms.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination- for vulvar & genitalia biopsies & procedures or soft tissue excisions, biopsies, and debridement.
- Works in tandem with optical loupes & overhead lighting .
- Budget conscious practices have practical alternative to outfitting every exam room with expensive overhead lighting-blades include #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c.
Lumohs overcomes the limitations of overhead illumination for cosmetic surgical procedures.
- Precision artistry for cosmetic surgeons – Enhance visualization when undermining, dissecting, and excising tissue in anatomic danger zones.
- In office cosmetic procedures– Improve accuracy during blepharoplasties, lunchtime lifts, & scalpel based cosmetic procedures-blades #10,#11, #12, #15 and #15c
- Works in tandem with loupes & overhead lighting by providing unobstructed illumination underneath skin and from all angles.
“Every Artist has more than one paint brush, but if a surgeon had only one scalpel, Lumohs would be it”
Precision based illumination for dimly lit Vet offices and off site procedures.
- Improve visibility in difficult to illuminate anatomic areas for procedures such as biopsies, elliptical excisions and incisions-blades #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c
- Outside of office. Take Lumohs to dimly lit conditions for rural and home based animal care -illuminating skin for biopsies & minor procedures.
- Budget conscious vet practices now have an alternative to save on outfitting every procedure room in the office with expensive overhead surgical lighting
Hospitals, Nursing Homes & Urgent care clinics
Ideal for bedside procedures in hospital rooms, nursing homes, urgent care clinics, or house calls, or for offices with poor lighting.
- Reduce visibility related errors in dimly lit hospital rooms and nursing homes.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for procedures such as bedside incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement, toe nail infections.
- Bring Lumohs to the hospital, if not stocked there, for bedside consultations or request your hospital to stock Lumohs on their floors.
Military Hospitals & Field Medics
Ideal for MASH units, or in-the-field or in combat surgical procedures at night or in dimly lit bedside facilities.
- Compact & Portable- Illumination will help medics, PA’s and surgeons operate in unpredictable situations and environments.
- Dimly lit environments & night time- Enhanced illumination for procedures incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement.
- Ideal for MASH units or field combat situations- Lumohs scalpel on hand for immediate deployment in any situation.
Ideal for developing nations with healthcare facilities, clinics and hospitals with poor lighting, instrument shortages and budget constraints.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for procedures such as bedside incision & drainage, excision, biopsies, and debridement of infections and tumors.
- Portability, affordability and compact nature along with combination of Lumohs illumination will help physicians and surgeons operate in unpredictable spontaneous situations and environments.
- Nations can prepare for budget impediments & time delays in setting up clinics and hospitals by having Lumohs scalpel on hand for immediate deployment in any situation.
Pathologists, Histotechs & Labs
Great for all labs, forensic pathologists, diagnostic pathologists and histotechs using scalpels. Lumohs assists all lab techs working in any type of labs that requires scalpels for precision work.
- Pathologists, labs and technicians -increased precision with precision based illumination.
- Cost efficient solution for budget conscious labs & technicians that want to improve precision accuracy for any lab tech that uses a scalpel.
- Crisp & Clear scalpel based illumination for autopsies, teaching, and for hospital labs and private labs.
Dermaplaning & estheticians
Lumohs provides significant advantages for dermaplaning and estheticians.
- For Dermaplaning– Illumination reduces risks of cutting skin by improving visibility of facial skin lines, and surface irregularities.
- Assists estheticians and doctors when dermaplaning over irregular, facial contours reducing likelihood of nicking, cutting or snagging skin.
- Blade Agnostic- Any #11,#10, #10S, #10R, #15, #15c, #12 blades, for dermaplaning and milia extraction.
Wound Care & Podiatry
Lumohs provides significant advantages for wound care doctors.
- Improves visibility while debriding wounds, granulation tissue and necrotic tissue planes in dimly lit conditions- blades #10, #11, #12, #15, #15c
- Scalpel based illumination- Facilitates debridements & cross hatching eschars with #11, #10 or #15 blades to increase surface contact with collagenase ointments.
- Debride & Explore wounds in dimly lit hospital rooms, nursing homes, or offices, and in the wound care planes necessary to help avoiding damaging vital tissue.
Oral Surgeons & Periodontists
- Intra-cavity illumination for use with #12 and #15c blades
- No fiber optic cables obstructing movement inside oral cavity.
- Enhances lighting provided by loupes & overhead fixtures.
- Best suture removal device for visualizing ingrown sutures due to wound overgrowth.
- Helps suture removal nursing staff & avoid leaving sutures behind in skin.
- Suture removal- Less painful for patient and less trauma to skin following facial surgery.
Hair Transplant Surgeons & Techs
- Ideal for added illumination For Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) cases.
- Lumohs provides additional light from dissecting follicles from strip of tissue.
- Augments Back Lighted Trans View Dissecting products by providing light on side and top of follicle.